How cool is this?! Simple, healthy and looks awesome! A delicious combo of spaghetti squash, chicken, spinach, garlic, basil, roasted spaghetti squash seeds and goat cheese! Watch how easy it is to make this delicious spaghetti squash bowl. And, if only 1 or 2 people are eating, save the other half for leftovers, because then it’s much faster to make if the squash is already prepared. Just throw in some protein and veggies and you have a totally different squash bowl!!
1 spaghetti squash
2 chicken breast
1 tbls olive oil
2 cloves crushed garlic
1/2 tsp salt and pepper
8 oz spinach
2 oz fresh basil
1 oz goat cheese (optional)
** If you are on the ISA 30 day, you can substitute the goat cheese for feta cheese! Or just omit! **
1. Cut your squash in half. Scrape out the seeds and place in a bowl. Place flesh side down in a tray with a half inch of water and roast in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes. Toss the seeds with a drizzle of olive oil and pinch of salt. Place on a baking sheet on tin foil and roast for 20 minutes.
2. Cut the chicken breast into bite sized pieces. In a wok, saute the garlic in some olive oil. Add the chicken, salt and pepper. Saute on medium heat for 5 minutes until the chicken is mostly white.
3. When the squash comes out of the oven, you should be able to easily stick a fork in the skin. If not, place back in your oven for a few more minutes. Once ready, set aside to cool.
4. Add the spinach to the chicken. Mix together and leave the heat on low.
5. Now that the squash has cooled off, you can hold it and using a fork, scrape out the flesh into a bowl. Toss the “spaghetti” with some olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the spaghetti to the chicken and spinach. Add the fresh basil and mix together. Place in the skin of the squash and garnish with the seeds and some cheese!
Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/classychefstef
Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/classychefstef
Follow me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/classychefstef
(+Follow) my blog: https://www.classycookinwithchefstef.wordpress.com
And check out my new website! https://www.chef-stef.com